If you're anything like me, you may have been cowed into inaction like a rabbit in the headlights by the fearsome prospect of choosing Christmas presents/gifts for the holidays.
If you are still desperately casting around for a present for a wine drinker, it is not too late to buy a gift membership of our Purple Pages. For £69 (or about $112, €85 or Aus$107) you can give 12 months' unlimited browsing of every nook and cranny of our award-winning website, updated daily and widely respected for its complete independence and lack of ads, sponsorship or jiggery pokery (see our code of ethics written in 2009).
The recipient can take their pick from:
- more than 75,000 wine reviews
- nearly 10,000 articles - news, views and the inside track on the world of wine
- a lively and intelligent community of fellow members on our forum
- the only online and most up-to-date version of The Oxford Companion to Wine (rrp £40/$65) - fully searchable
- all the maps from The World Atlas of Wine (rrp £35/$50) - also usefully searchable
To acquire a gift membership, just click here and once you sign up you will be sent a code that you can share with the lucky recipient as and when you wish their Purple Pages' membership to start.
If you'd like something physical to hand over, just email our membership supremo Rachel Shaughnessy at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and address to which you'd like one of the handsome gift cards shown here to be sent. You may well feel it is too late to trust anything to the mail, but Rachel can always email you an image of the card below (and all that it says on the other side) to be printed out and presented on The Day.