31 Mar - Last few hours to apply...
You may remember that the annual wine travel bursary we helped to establish in the memory of pioneer New World wine importer Geoffrey Roberts is now being administered by the historic Vintners' Company. Note, too, that its value has been increased, to £4,000 or about $6,600, €4,800 or AU$7,200, as explained in Increased Geoffrey Roberts Award finds a new home
Here are the criteria for successful applicants:
- Applicants can be of any age and be based anywhere in the world (perfect English is not essential).
- The judges are looking for a candidate with a genuine commitment to New World wines.
- The top three applicants, in the opinion of the judging panel, will be invited to Vintners' Hall in London where they will have opportunity to make their presentation to the judging panel.
- The winner will be a candidate who will have successfully demonstrated what they had done already and distinctively to promote and further the cause of New World wines (from one or several New World wine countries) and who can also explain how they would use the bursary to do more in this field.
- Preference is given to those who provide a draft budget of how they would spend the Award if they won.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 31 March. Do get going with your own application or spread the word to anyone you think may be interested in this unique opportunity.
See more details of how to apply and past winners at geoffreyrobertsaward.com.