April on JancisRobinson.com was inevitably focused on the B-word. There are now 439 Bordeaux 2011 tasting notes on the database, 365 of which were added in April thanks to the intrepid Julia's en primeur mission.
Elsewhere on JancisRobinson.com, we added wine reviews from the Rhône, Argentina, California, Australia, north-west Spain, Romania, Jordan, Syria, Armenia and even the Netherlands!
Here is a recap of highlights for those of you who might have missed them.
- An index of all our Bordeaux 2011 coverage, including en primeur reviews categorised by appellation
- Bordeaux 2010 reassessed by Julia in anticipation of her en primeur marathon
- Jancis's insights into why Latour left primeurs
- Superlative quality from some delicious young Rhônes
- A rare visit behind the hallowed doors of Dom Leroy
- Romania, Jordan, Syria and more examined in Gems from the edges of the wine world
- Some top Californians abroad
- New Argentinians from Las Bodegas in the UK
- Two offbeat Spanish roundups by Luis: Albariño and Monastrell
- A countrywide tour of Australian reds assessed by Richard, and premium Aussie Chardonnay as tasted by Jancis
- Alex Hunt MW's second thought-provoking dispatch, asking When is a wine at fault?
- Alder Yarrow on Exporting America - the pitfalls
- ... and finally, a look at the current portfolios of two British retail institutions: M&S and The Wine Society
It's the perfect excuse to pour yourself a glass of something good and catch up with the wondrous world of wine!