My monthly reports are a little later than usual this month. I have had alternative commitments in the exam room, and will be reporting on how my MW Practical paper went very soon.
May on JancisRobinson.com heralded nearly 60 new articles from all sorts of sources. As well as our usual roster of contributors, we welcomed eight restaurant reviews from our readership, while resident gastronome Nick recovered from recent surgery.
Don't forget to check out Our top wines in May for some highlights of the best bottles we tasted too.
- For the complete list of those contributed restaurant reviews, see this summary article of all 17 (and counting!) pieces
- Scrutinies of the latest offerings by UK retailers Majestic, Laithwaites and Roberson
- A long, hard look at natural wines with 116 tasting notes, as well as a study of Georgia
- No month of wine is complete without Bordeaux, so check out Cru Classés 2011-2008 compared, Bordeaux 2011 - more Médocs, Bibendum's Bordeaux 2011s and Jancis on Bordeaux 2011 - the campaign that wasn't?
- Richard took a look at the best still wine being made in England, Alex wrote about The problem with perfection while Alder investigated California's grape shortage - fact or fiction?
- The praises of Madeira were sung by Jancis in Marvellous madeiras and Desert island wines while Tamlyn compared champagnes in NM v RM
- Meanwhile, Walter focused on Sicily, in An evening with Alberto Tasca d'Almerita, Sicily - back to its roots, Sicily turns a corner and Will DOC Sicilia succeed?
- A reminder about our New, improved events diary
- More insights from Luis in his Offbeat Spain series: bits and pieces and Gredos Garnacha
- An unmissable look by Jancis at How to buy older burgundy - with especial mention of Collection Bellenum
- And finally, a mixed bag of pink wines in Rosés aplenty
We hope that's sufficient to slake your thirst for wine information! Keep coming back to JancisRobinson.com for daily updates - and follow this link for membership information.