On 16 September Purple pager François Feuillat is organising a dinner featuring some very fine wines in the private room at Le Café Anglais, London W2, to raise funds for the hugely worthwhile Cambodian Children's Fund.
Our FT colleague chef-proprietor Rowley Leigh, a serious wine buff himself, is putting together a delectable menu to match clarets going back to 1952, as well as some top-quality dry, off-dry and sweet whites back to 1964 and a rare 19th-century madeira. Places are strictly limited, so if you are interested, please contact François to book your place as soon as you can. I have seen his cellar and can attest to its fine condition in terms of temperature and humidity.
Scott Neeson, founder of the Cambodian Children's Fund, who took this photograph (it was his passion for photography that led him to discover the poverty that prevails there), and Michael Armitage, its UK representative (and organiser of this wine weekend), will both be there.
See here for a moving video of the CCF's work.
Wines to be served include:
• 1996 Pol Roger
• 1964 Huet, Vouvray Le Mont Demi-Sec
• 1989 Huet Vouvray Le Haut Lieu Sec (from halves)
• 1998 Dr Loosen, Ürziger Würzgarten Riesling Spätlese
• 1998 Dr. Loosen, Ürziger Würzgarten Riesling Auslese
• 1993 Ch L'Église-Clinet
• 1993 Ch Tertre Roteboeuf
• 1985 Ch Mouton-Rothschild
• 1985 Ch Lynch-Bages
• 1978 Ch Palmer
• 1978 Ch La Tour Haut-Brion
• 1953 Ch Calon-Ségur
• 1952 Ch La Conseillante
• 1983 Reichsrat von Buhl, Forster Jesuitengarten Riesling Eiswein (from halves)
• 1989 Ch Rieussec (from halves)
• Leacock Madeira, Velho Verdelho, believed to be late 19th or early 20th century, bottled 1920s.
When 16 September 2010, apéritif from 7.00 pm, dinner at 7.45 pm
Where Private room, Le Café Anglais, 8 Porchester Gardens, London W2 4DB
How Dress smart casual
How to book Contact email@example.com (the dinner is being organised in François' private capacity). A minimum donation per person of £375 to CCF UK (tax deductible for UK taxpayers) is suggested.