Wine Tasting Day in Lytham St. Annes (Glendower Hotel) - 11am to 4 pm - 12 wines including Champagne and a delicious 2-course lunch. We provide the wines, tasting glasses and tasting notes. No need to spit the wine out, just bring yourself along and enjoy !
· Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions. A full day's tasting of 12 quality wines starting with Champagne and including lunch.
· New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
· Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
· Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
· How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
· Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
· How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
· Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
· Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
· The effect of climate on the taste of wine
· Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
· Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.