8-week Introductory World of Wine Course (Preston)
Wine Course in Preston - Tuesday 23 April to Tuesday 18 June 2013 (excludes Tue 21 May)
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The introductory 8-week World of Wine Course is a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more. No previous experience is needed and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the course:
you will have gained a good understanding of the world’s major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce you will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional we will have tasted wines from most of the world’s major wine regions you will have more confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods you will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses and comprehensive tasting notes are all provided.
Please note that there is a charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £85.00) of £10 per evening payable on the night. Great value - the cost is still under £21 per evening and this course can be bought as a gift voucher. Likely to miss a night? Don't worry, get a credit voucher to attend another evening at a later date.
1. Australia and New Zealand – the different regions, plus tasting skills and aroma tests
2. France I – including Burgundy and the Loire, plus how wine is made and the importance of blends
3. Chile and Argentina – plus the importance of climate and weather
4. France II – including Bordeaux and Rhone; understanding wine labels,
5. Italy and Germany – the regions, plus food and wine matching
6. South Africa and USA – plus how to store wine and why
7. Spain and Portugal– plus new wines, supermarket v the independents
8. Champagne, Sparkling and Dessert Wine – what is the difference and how is it made?