The UK is one of the world’s great wine markets. We have access to an exceptional range of wines from all over the world and benefit from an enviable wealth of choice and diversity. This career talk focuses on the hard-working specialist importers who work year-round to select these wines and distribute them within the market.
From large companies employing several hundred staff across the supply chain, to tiny operations focusing on one specific producer, we’ll look behind the scenes at how this fascinating side of with wine trade works and the career opportunities it can provide.
Who is it for?
- You're interested in a career in the wine import/distribution sector
- You’re interested in learning how wine is imported into the UK
- You would like insight into how this complex and fascinating area of our industry works
Key discussion topics
- The day-to-day of an importer/distributor
- Product strategy: how importers select their wines
- The process of getting wine into the UK market
- How wine is distributed within the on- and off-trade
- The different career opportunities available within a successful import/distribution organisation
The panel will be chaired by our own David Wrigley MW. He will be joined by two industry experts, who each bring a different perspective on import and distribution - David Gleave MW, Founder and MD of Liberty Wines and Martin Gamman MW, Director for UK and Ireland for Champagne Joseph Perrier.