VSF Wine Education is one of the very few Approved Programme Providers in London accredited by the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) to offer WSET Awards in Wines & Spirits at Levels 1, 2 and 3.
Beginner to Intermediate Level
For individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown. You will learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labelling terminology. A basic overview of the key categories of spirits and liqueurs will also be provided.
- How wine is made
- What factors influence wine style
- The key white and black grape varieties and their characteristics
- The important wine-producing regions of the world in which these grapes are grown
- The production of sparkling, sweet, and fortified wines
- Label terminology
- Food and wine pairing principles
- The principal categories of spirits and liqueurs, and how they are made
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
This course is for those working in the industry or wine and spirit enthusiasts.
After successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
Specification (as of August 2017; downloadable PDF)
In order for you to progress step by step and avoid any "blind spots" in your wine study, you are strongly encouraged to have completed the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines before registering on this course.
3-Day Course (3 Consecutive Saturdays; 9:30-17:30)
December 2018: 1/12 + 8/12 + 15/12 (Sat) (only a few places left!!)
January 2019: 12/1 + 19/1 + 26/1 (Sat)
February 2019: 9/2 + 16/2 + 23/2 (Sat)
April/May 2019: 20/4 + 27/4 + 4/5 (Sat)
May/June 2019: 18/5 + 25/5 + 1/6 (Sat)
July/Aug 2019: 27/7 + 3/8 + 10/8 (Sat)
Aug/Sept 2019: 24/8 + 31/8 + 7/9 (Sat)
November 2019: 2/11 + 9/11 + 16/11 (Sat)
Nov/Dec 2019: 30/11 + 7/12 + 14/12 (Sat)