WSET Level 3 Award: Monday Evenings
Monday Evenings for 14 sessions starting 21st January 2019 (every week)
This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and spirits and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification and provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
Evening Sessions - who are they designed for?
- We run evening sessions for those who can not sacrifice a weekend or are busy working in the hospitality trade at weekends or those who work during the week.
- The sessions run for 2-3 hours, starting at 7pm and finishing at 9-10pm.
- There are 13 sessions (every week) and an exam session, spread out over 3 1/2 months. This enables you to learn this very challenging syllabus over a longer time period (many students have transferred in the past from the shorter format to this longer format). The final exam day is 7pm - 10pm.
Course Outline (all Monday evenings)
- 21st Jan 2019: Introduction to Tasting
- 28th Jan 2019: Natural Factors in the vineyard
- 4th Feb 2019: Human Factors in the winery
- 11th Feb 2019: White Wines of Alsace/Germany/Austria/Tokaji
- 18th Feb 2019: White Wines of Burgundy/Loire/Bordeaux and Red/Rose of Loire/Bordeaux/SW France
- 25th Feb 2019: Red Wines of Burgundy/Beaujolais
- 4th Mar 2019: Red/Whites of N Rhone
- 11th Mar 2019: Red/Rose Wines of S Rhone/S France, Red Wines of Med Spain
- 18th Mar 2019: White Wines of Spain/Portugal Red Wines of N Spain, Red/White Wines of N Italy
25th Mar 2019: Red Wines of C/S Italy/Portugal/Greece and Premium Red Wines of New World
- 1st Apr 2019: Premium White Wines of New World and Regional Specialities of the New World
- 8th Apr 2019: Sparkling Wines
15th Apr 2019: Fortified Wines and Feedback Tasting Test
- 22nd Apr 2019: No class (Bank Holiday)
- 29th Apr 2019: Examination