VSF Wine Education is one of the very few Approved Programme Providers in London accredited by the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) to offer WSET Awards in Wines & Spirits at Levels 1, 2 and 3.
For individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines, this qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and wine making. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately, and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality.
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal
- Still wines of the world
- Sparkling wines of the world
- Fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
This course is for professionals working in the wine industry and for wine enthusiasts.
After successful completion, you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
Specification (as of July 2017; downloadable PDF)
You are required to have completed the WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits (or equivalent) before registering on this course.
5-Day Course (5 Fridays or Saturdays; 9:30-17:30)
Nov/Dec 2018: 2/11 + 9/11 + 16/11 + 23/11 + 30/11 (+ 7/12 (Fri) Exam)
Mar/Apr 2019: 9/3 + 16/3 + 23/3 + 30/3 + 6/4 (+ 14/4 (Sun) Exam)
Jun/Jul 2019: 15/6 + 22/6 + 29/6 + 6/7 + 13/7 (+ 21/7 (Sun) Exam)
Sept/Oct 2019: 21/9 + 28/9 + 5/10 + 12/10 + 19/10 (+ 27/10 (Sun) Exam)