Each month, the team at JR.com upload hundreds of tasting notes into our database. Many appear in our tasting articles, but countless others are 'standalone', meaning that you could easily miss them unless you search for them specifically in our database of nearly 60,000 wine reviews.
Below is a selection of highlights from July 2011, first from tasting articles published in July and then some outstanding examples of the standalone tasting notes (you can see them all by using the Date of publication fields in our tasting note search).
- Three rosés scored 17/20 by Jancis in Rosés - good and less so
- A clutch of top Portugese vinho, including one by Luis Pato in which 'Baga grapes [are] picked at the end of September and then concentrated and chilled while the grape sugars are still high,' in Two top Portuguese addresses
- Three excellent Northern Rhônes being sold in the UK by Sainsbury's in Sainsbury's from finest to cheapest
- A stellar performance by J J Prüm and Emrich-Schönleber in Germany 2010 - more from Mosel (and Nahe)
- The latest releases from Leflaive et Associés - biodynamic négociants
- Some superlative Swartlands, according to Tam in Sadie's Columella - the first 10 years
- Some of Tamlyn's favourite Champagnes in A sparkling line-up
... and the top scoring standalones:
- A sweet Bordeaux at nearly 60 years old
- One of the best sparkling wines Julia has tasted in a long while ... from Brazil
- A mature Chardonnay from Kistler from the Russian River Valley
- One of China's best Cabernet Sauvignons
- A Greek Montepulciano/Negroamaro blend from Alpha Estate
- Ch Palmer 1983 v Ch Margaux 1983