WSET Level 3 Award in Wine: Condensed
Six consecutive days (Monday to Saturday) in one week with the examination on the Saturday morning - BE PREPARED!
This well-structured and in-depth Level 3 certificate is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain comprehensive knowledge of wines and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification and provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
- The term 'condensed' is due to the shorter nature of the course (over six consecutive days) - the amount of content is exactly the same as our other course formats.
- Please be aware that this is a very in-depth course compressed into a shorter time-frame. This course is ideally for those that have studied the book beforehand and/or have wine industry experience.
- Registration closes for this course on Thursday 7th March (if you do wish to register after this date you will be required to pay a late fee of £35 - please email email@example.com to see if we can register you).
- For the condensed course we will post your study pack to you in advance. Please note that postage can take up to 10 working days. Please let us know the best address for your study pack to be sent too. The delivery will require a signature upon arrival.
- We also send out mock paper questions for you to complete before the course - answers will be provided a week before the course start date
L3 CONDENSED COURSES - WHO ARE THEY FOR?
- We run the condensed course for those who wish to obtain the Level 3 award in a quick turnaround, ideally for those who have a sound understanding of wine or those that passed the Level 2 Award with Merit/Distinction.
- The taught sessions run for 8 hours, starting at 9am (8:30am on first day) and finishing at 5pm for five consecutive days (Monday to Friday).
- The final day on the Saturday is the examination at 9:30am and will be held at Streatham Wine House.
COURSE OUTLINE (all in one week 18/03 to 23/03):
- 18th March: Introduction to Tasting, Viticulture, Vinification
- 19th March: White Wines of Alsace/Germany/Austria/Tokaji, White Wines of Burgundy/Loire/Bordeaux, Red/Rose of Loire/Bordeaux/SW France
- 20th March: Red Wines of Burgundy/Beaujolais, Red/Whites of N Rhone; Red/Rose Wines of S Rhone/S France, Red Wines of Med Spain, White Wines of Spain/Portugal, Red Wines of N Spain, Red/White Wines of N Italy
- 21st March: Red Wines of C/S Italy/Portugal/Greece, Premium Red/White Wines of New World
- 22nd March: Regional Specialities of the New World, Sparkling Wines, Fortified Wines, Feedback Tasting Test, Revision
- 23rd March: Examination at 9:30am (at sister venue Streatham Wine House)