Franken trilogy 3 – Fürstlich Castell'sches Domänenamt

See also part 1 and part 2 of Michael's Franken trilogy. 

First mention of the hamlet of Castell can be found in a document from the year 816. The counts of Castell are not as presumptuous as to date the history of their family as far back as that, but the birth of their ancestor Rupert was recorded in 1057, and in 1091 he started calling himself Rupert de Castello after his place of residence. In 1202 the masters of the house began to adorn themselves with the title Count of Castell. In 1901 this rank was officially consolidated...

Image