See also my tasting notes for detailed notes and assessments of more than 500 wines.
For those in a hurry, I offer the following observations with the caveat that, as always in Burgundy, the picture is much too complex for any generalisation to capture.
- prices should be about the same as last year
- this is an even more variable vintage than 2000
- the best wines are beautiful expressions of terroir rather than just ripeness or the vintage
- reds are in general more thrilling than whites
- this is a connoisseur's vintage
- it really is worth paying for Premier Cru and sometimes...