An overview of our coverage of the 2018 vintage in the Rhône, with more than 800 tasting notes.
Château Rayas had particular cause to obscure its famously hidden sign (pictured) this year because it isn't releasing any wines from the vintage. To find out why, alongside the story of the vintage in the rest of the region, see Lifting the lid on 2018 in the Rhône. See also this 2013 article about the difficulty of visiting Château Rayas that we republished on 21 November 2019.
We hope our more than 800 tasting notes will be useful for anyone considering buying these wines en primeur. Most of them were taken at blind tastings in the Rhône in October 2019.
We will add links to these articles as they are published.
- Tardieu-Laurent's 2018s (11 November 2019)
- Rhône 2018 – northern reds (20 November 2019)
- Rhône 2018 – northern whites (21 November 2019)
- Rhône 2018 – Châteauneuf-du-Pape Tradition bottlings (25 November 2019)
- Rhône 2018 – Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvées Spéciales (26 November 2019)
- Rhône 2018 – other southern reds (27 November 2019)
- Rhône 2018 – southern whites (28 November 2019)
- Lifting the lid on 2018 in the Rhône (20 November 2019)
In previous years, the following UK merchants have offered Rhône en primeur: A&B Vintners, Armit, Averys, Corney & Barrow, Davy's Wine Merchant, Genesis, Goedhuis, H2Vin, Jeroboams, JN Wine, Justerini & Brooks, Laithwaite's, Latimer, Thorman Hunt, The Wine Society, Uncorked and Yapp.