Shameless self-promotion alert - though it is for a very good cause!
Today, Wednesday 28 January, tickets go on sale for Skin Côntact LIVE: the UK wine trade's best (and only) covers band, of which I am the ringleader.
The event is happening at Vinopolis, the spiritual home of the London wine trade, on Monday 9 March and is a one-off fundraising event for Wine Relief, the wine-related fundraising arm of Comic Relief. The band consists of:
- myself on keyboards
- Purple Pages columnist Alex Hunt MW on guitar
- Ben Smith of Concha y Toro, and formerly in 80s popsters Curiosity Killed The Cat, on bass
- Matt James of The Bordeaux Cellar, and formerly of 90s indie sensation Gene, on drums
- on backing vocals, Anne McHale MW of Berry Bros and Helen Chesshire of the Chesshire Set
- and Nick Bielak of Vinexus will be joining us to add some saxophone, too.
Here we are, looking all rock:
We'll be fronted by a series of wine trade celebs, including:
- Joe Wadsack, current incumbent as wine guru on BBC's Food & Drink
- Tim Atkin MW, celebrated wine writer
- Charles Metcalfe, former opera singer and now wine writer, and co-founder of the International Wine Challenge
Not only that, but we are also delighted to have Neal Martin of The Wine Advocate DJ-ing for us, from his own proper vinyl collection. And the evening kicks off with an exclusive wine tasting, thanks to event partners Côtes du Rhône.
The aim is to put on nothing less than the UK wine trade night of the year! Tickets are available now at skincontactlive.com/tickets and 100% of the tickets' face value goes straight to Wine Relief.