For the first time surpassing 1 million words, this fully revised fifth edition is the most complete reference book on wine on the market.
- More than 4,000 A to Z entries on a breathtaking range of topics, from grape varieties and regions to viticulture, growers, and the history of wine
- More international than ever before, with new entries on countries such as Estonia, Finland, Gabon, Latvia, and Senegal, and deeper and more extensive treatment of North America
- More than 270 new entries, including extensive updated information on climate change, sustainability, hybrid varieties and new winemaking rules and practices
- Avoids jargon and conveys complex information with wit, clarity and flair
- Hundreds of highly knowledgeable wine professionals, including more than 100 new ones, giving up-to-date insider information without bias on their specialist regions, such as Jon Bonné on Beaujolais, Carlos Borboa Suárez on Mexico, Ferran Centelles on Spain, Walter Speller on Italy, Michael Fridjhon on South Africa, Peter Liem on Champagne, David Schildknecht on Germany and Austria and José Vouillamoz on Switzerland
- Beautiful new page design incorporating new colour photographs
- All wine-region maps have been updated for this edition
Members of JancisRobinson.com also have access to the extremely handy, fully searchable online version of the 4th edition here.