20 September 2019 We have continued to add links to more recent articles that provide further coverage of this vintage.
30 November 2018 Over the next fortnight, we will be bringing you a comprehensive survey of the wines of the 2017 vintage in the Rhône Valley – the third strong vintage in a row for the region, albeit with shrunken volume.
I spent two weeks in the Rhône this autumn – the picture above of Côte Rôtie in full autumnal finery was snapped at Domaine Stéphane Ogier in early November. Along with some London tastings, including some notes from Jancis, our database has close to 1,000 tasting notes for 2017 Rhônes, covering all the major appellations and prestigious estates, including top cuvées from Château Rayas, Clos des Papes, Domaine de la Vieille Julienne, Domaine Jamet, Guigal, Chapoutier, Jean-Louis Chave, Auguste Clape, Marc Sorrel and many more.
The most recently published articles are at the top of the list.
- Mopping up Rhône 2017 – southern reds and whites 24 September 2019
- Mopping up Rhône 2017 – northern reds 23 September 2019
- Mopping up Rhône 2017 – northern whites 16 September 2019
- Our spring 2019 collection – Rhône 5 June 2019
- Rhône 2017 – northern reds 27 November 2018
- Rhône 2017 – northern whites 26 November 2018
- Rhône 2017 – southern whites 22 November 2018
- Rhône 2017 – other southern reds 21 November 2018
- Rhône 2017 – Châteauneuf Cuvées Spéciales 20 November 2018
- Rhône 2017 – Châteauneuf Tradition bottlings 19 November 2018
- Tardieu-Laurent 2017s – rare jewels 22 October 2018
- Chapoutier Sélections Parcellaires 2017 – triumph against adversity? 8 May 2018
- Exploring southern Rhône differences (Inside information) 24 September 2019
- Northern Rhône overview (Inside information) 26 November 2018
- Southern Rhône overview (Inside information) 19 November 2018
In the UK, some en primeur offers are opening now. We understand that the following merchants will be participating: A&B Vintners, Armit, Averys, Corney & Barrow, Davy's Wine Merchant, Genesis, Goedhuis, H2Vin, Jeroboams, JN Wine, Justerini & Brooks, Laithwaite's, Latimer, Thorman Hunt, The Wine Society, Uncorked and Yapp.